This tutorial is also included in FxFoto's Help documentation.
Following are typical step-by-step instructions for importing photographs and organizing them in FxFoto’s left-pane folders. In many cases, there are multiple ways of accomplishing a task, though we only present one way here. And of course there are a number of advanced capabilities that are discussed only in other topics detailing individual dialogs and commands. The features discussed in this tutorial are available in all versions of FxFoto, including the free Standard Edition.
1. After you have taken one or more pictures, connect your digital camera's cable to your computer. You must usually turn the camera on and may need to select its mode for transferring photos. Follow your camera's instructions and make sure that you have installed its driver software on your computer first.
2. In FxFoto, press the toolbar button.
3. Choose a Target Folder Name by typing a new name into the first dialog of the Import Pictures Wizard.
4. Make sure the Camera or device button is pressed. If needed, click on the camera in the associated list to highlight it. If it does not appear, make sure you have your camera turned on and have selected its transfer mode. Also make sure that you have installed your camera’s driver software on the computer. If needed, press Cancel and then restart Import after correcting any problems.
5. Press the button and FxFoto reads available photo thumbnails from the camera. Some (twain) and (wia) devices present a custom interface dialog for the device next. If needed, you must set the device as desired and close this popup device dialog to continue with the Import wizard.
Click here to continue with the next step of this Tutorial.